Saturday, October 31, 2015

Seventy


The view from our apartment





Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and animo.  Love you guys tons!  I think I am loving the mission more and more every day.  I wish I could take what I have learned and could have put it into practice in the beginning of the mission...but I know each “phase” of the mission is important.  I love the mission, but more importantly I love the gospel of Jesus Christ, which will never end.  

A couple of experiences from this week:

We did a stand in the feria (open market in the street) which was really fun. We were able to do a lot of contacts, and it is super genial because the feria takes place close to where the church is at.

I gave a talk in sacrament meeting.  I used the story of when I was learning how to drive and I crashed into the garage (haha) to talk about the atonement of Christ.  Thanks mom and dad for your patience with me learning how to drive...you never gave up.

M received the priesthood and will be receiving a calling!!!

This next week Hna Videla and I will be presenting in 3 zone conferences which are based on the mental and physical health...your prayers would be greatly appreciated.  We are hoping to help the missionaries have the power to cuidarse mejor.  

We had one of the lessons màs espeical that I have had in the mission.  We talked a haitiana named M.  In the beginning of the lesson we prayed for the gift of tongues, because she does not speak spanish super bien.  Wow.  The spirit carried the lesson.  With each point of the lesson (the restauracion) she was getting more and more excited.  In the end of the lesson we asked her, do you believe that God could call prophets hoy en dìa...she looked at us and said yes, and I know this message is true, I never knew this existed before...I know it is true because my mind lets me believe it and...(then she pointed at her heart) I can feel it right here.  There are people with spirits so valient here and so open to receive the truth.  

Look up the painting by Greg Olsen...the way of joy....this painting has been  really important to me in my mission...I saw the imagen here in the mission, and it was a answer from Heavenly Father to help me draw nearer to Christ.  

Make it a great week.


Hna Duffy

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the pictures! You look so beautiful you are glowing!!

    ReplyDelete