Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Twelve

Another Super Bakán week here in Chile

This week was full of miracles...I learned that obedience leads to miracles.  With the new mission schedule we have less time for contacts and lessons.  We were nervous about this decrease in time (more time studying now) but our numbers in lessons increased this week, and I know it is because we decided to be obedient with the schedule.  When we trust the revelation of church leaders, we are trusting in the Restoration...the sacerdocio or the priesthood, the power of God. Moroni 7:33 was our go to scripture this week.  Simple but strong...all things are possible...maybe not easy..but with this kind of faith, miracles come forth.  

 I have been studying the talk "Becoming Perfect in Christ" by Elder Gerrit W. Gongon this week...and seriously probably could focus 18 months of study on this talk.  A quote that really called my attention was ¨Fully accepting our Saviour´s Atonement can increase our faith and give us courage to let go of constraining expectations that we are somehow required to be or to make things perfect.¨ As long as I do my part, the Atonement will sanctify my efforts.  

Sorry if I get too preachy in this letter but I have had sooo many thoughts and lessons this week!  My companion and I talked about how Laman, Lemuel, and Nephi all had the same journey to travel...but Nephi made the most of his time and truely changed from this experience.  We can go through the actions but if we dont truely change our hearts, we will slide back to our natural state.  A mission is a time of changes, and I have been thinking of things I want to change in my life after the mission.  I need to have a true change of heart in the mission in order to perseverar hasta al fin despues the mission.

This week we helped with 2 noches de hogar (FHE).  It has been fun teaching people here games that they have never played before jaja.  The chilean culture is super divertido.  I feel blessed to serve amoung people who are so loving and giving.  Yesterday, a family (recent converts) told us they want to almorzar (to lunch) with us.  This family last week only had enough food for 2 of their 3 kids.  They have been blessed with the support of the ward and the bishop storehouse, but the thought of them sharing with us what they have is a really humbling experience.  Truely the widows mite.  Most of the time I feel like I am getting served more then I am serving others...what great people!  

Funny story of the week...we were singing a hymn with a family when their relatives came in.  They relatives joined us for a prayer..and after the Father opened the door, and I thought earlier they referenced to ending it after the prayers.  So after the prayer I gathered my things and stood up to leave.  But nobody else moved..I looked back and my companion had her scriptures open to share a message...Lets just say I was able to break the ice...jaja.  We are really close with this family so I am sure they are never going to let me forget this :)  They are menos activos and they have a wall in their house where all the missionaries sign.

El evangelio de Jesucristo es perfecto...we have a Salvador we can confide in and through Him be saved.  The Atonement needs to be part of our lives every day.

mucho amor

gracias for your examples, support, and love

Hna Duffy

1 comment:

  1. So wonderful love and admire you. So so proud you are our niece

    ReplyDelete