Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Seven



This week I received my birthday package...MUCHAS GRACIAS!  I think with moving from the CCM the mail was extra slow, but now the mail system here seems really reliable.  So many things I want to tell you.  First, the gift of tongues is so real.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn spanish.  I still speak like Tarzan...very broken grammer, but it is refreshing being able to express myself more than last week.  
Heavenly Father knew exactly who I needed as my first trainer.  Hna S is awesome!  She is a hard worker, and we are trying to think of ways to have more success in our sector.  We do a lot of street contacting with pass along cards.  So really funny story.  This cute abuelita was walking by so I started talking with her, and as soon as I started talking about the gospel, she got really anxious and did not want to talk to me.  So she tried to out run (basically as fast as a shuffle in walking as she could go)...so funny because I kept the same walking pace as she tried to escape my presence.  Since then I have ran into her a couple times and I think we are good acquaintances now :)  
In my sector I stand out A LOT.  Another funny story.  I was on the Metro and this little girl was staring at me.  The abuela of the girl apologized for her nieta who was starring.  She told me that her granddaughter wanted to know why I was so tall, so she had told her that I was from France and if she ate all her food during cena (dinner) she could be tall too.  I told her especially drinking leche cada día jaja.  Me encanta the people here.  People are usually always willing to talk with you.  Everyone does have a story, and as a missionary I have the sacred privilege to really talk about the true important things of live, families, our purpose, and the amor of Christ and their Heavenly Father.
My barrio (ward) here is awesome! We had Ward Conference this week.  Seeing how recent converts are know faithful and strong leaders in the ward and stake is inspiring.  Their devotion to their baptismal covenios and a Dios is seen through their acciones.  Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ is not a passive thing.  
I received tons of medical calls this week...dog bites, tons of colds, sinus infections, and asthma problems.  The air here is pretty bad so it is triggering off lots of asthma problems.  I am so grateful for my experience working in the hospital before my mission.  This last week we got a new President for the mission.  Presidente V..I have only talked with him over the phone about medical things, but I know he is going to be a great leader for the misioneros aquí.  
A mission really teaches you humility...and fast.  It brings out weaknesses and makes you rely on the Savior more.  This morning in my studies I read Alma 26:12.  An answer to my prayers.  
I am so so grateful for the chance to serve here in Chile.  I know Heavenly Father has a plan for me and I am striving to be worthy and ready for the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives.  Miracles happen every day.  Look for the hand of God in your daily life. We met a family (mom named G and her 2 kids).  She is so so prepared for the gospel, it is incredible.  We were able to share with her the Restauración.  Keep her in your prayers.  Her sister is a vecina (neighbor) and she came in during the end of the lección and she said she will join us for our next cita.  During this lección, my soul ached for her and her family to accept the gospel.  I know how much the gospel has blessed my life, and I know it can do the same for her´s.  
Yes Chile lost to Brazil.  end of story.  A whole country in mourning.  Lets just say contacting that day was a little different jaja. 

Mucho amor,

Hna. Duffy


No comments:

Post a Comment