Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Six











Hola from Quinta Normal,


This is the comun that I have been assigned to.  It is a sector in the city, and I am loving it!
So I have a lot to say so here it goes!
Tuesday I left the CCM..whoot whoot.  What a graduation that was.  I am so grateful for the time I had there.  Most people say they serve 2 missions, one in the CCM and one out in the campo.  Now I know what they mean:)  We drove to the mission home where President and Hna Essig welcomed us.  Paperwork, orientation, and then we got to meet our trainers.  My first companion is Hna. S.  She is from Argentina and is Awesome!  She talks with an Argentinian accent which is different and she speaks very little English, but we are learning very quickly how to work together.  This week we are going to get a new Mission President.  Neither him or his wife speak english, so I better learn quick huh;)  I am learning how to have patience with myself.  Knowing what you want to say is one thing, but saying it is another.  My brain is getting quite the work out each day jaja. 
The first couple days in the sector I was like a deer in the headlights.  But I am slowly learning the life of a missionary.  We walk everywhere!  Lots of homes are make shift dwellings, or there will be a door that opens up to a hallway of single rooms dwellings where entire families live.  I feel so humbled by the happiness and joy these people have, when some have so little.  It makes you really reflect on what is important in our lives...family and love.  I love seeing how the Gospel of Jesus Christ has given many people so much hope and purpose. 
Funny things:  already got called Hermana Cerveza (because Duffy is a beer I guess on the Simpsons???) Barbie Hermana (officially reached Gringa status jaja).  But I have never met people so giving and willing to listen, or at least talk to you!  Oh guess who gets to eat prieta this next Saturday...blood sausage.  Ill let you know how it goes! 
We have an investigador Paulina who has an amazing amount of faith.  She is ready and wanting to be baptized this next Sunday, so we will be working with her every day this week.
CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE.  La Mundial is happening and it has been a little loco here.  People here love their Futbol! 
Calls from missionaries for medical issues have gone well so far!
So much I want to tell you, but know that I love you.  I am so grateful to give my all to sharing the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ here.
Much love,
Hna Duffy,

No comments:

Post a Comment