Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Sixty-Four




September...the month most celebrated here in Chile.  It is one day, but they celebrate for a month here..seriously.,.,.we need to change how we celebrate the 4th of July there in the states.

So this morning we were returning from Liders (like the spanish version of Walmart), we were carrying our many plastic bags, trying to keep our balance as the public bus was weaving in and out of the street, a lot of people, a dog from the street was resting on top of my shoes, a boy was playing his saxophone, and a man was saying ELDERS at us...and I thought to myself...I love my life, I love the mission, I love Chile.  Really, when we take a step back, we have moments so remarkable, funny, happy, sad, exciting, etc, in a day, and we need to appreciate each moment.  

We are going to have a WEDDING!!!!!!! J and M are going to have the wedding the 3rd of October (yes with General Conference) and then they are going to be baptized the 4th.  I can not even put into words how blessing I feel to have seen this conversion, this change of heart.  

Today we had our group activity with our hermanitas.  We played basketball, football, other games, and ate completos.  Seriously we have the best group of hermanas ever!

This week we also got to support a mormon helping hands project..planting trees.  Imagine a line of missionaries carrying trees done a main street.  It was awesome, but a good workout at the same time;)

Spiritual thought for the day...my testimony has really grown in the way to receive answers to prayers through the scriptures.  It amazes me how Heavenly Father through the spirit answers us with our specific questions.  Les desafio to read the scriptures but with specific questions in mind.

Have a great week!

Hna Duffy  


No comments:

Post a Comment