Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Thirty-four

This has been an interesting week.  I really feel like I have started a different mission.  Serving in the country is a lot different than what I have been doing for the last 9 months in the city.  I am going to try to describe it....

Valle Grande.  Is basically a sector of pure houses.  It is in the middle of nowhere and it is the ¨new¨place to live.  So this means that Tons of young families are moving here.  The sector is growing every day.  I am trying to memorize the streets etc.  it is crazy because the houses are more cookie cutter houses so I am having to follow behind my companion everywhere...yes I am praying for the gift of orientation!  The chapel is located in a different town which makes it so many people when they arrive here become inactive because they do not know where the chapel is (25 minutes away in auto).  

Riding a bike as a missionary is totally different then walking.  I am learning the way to do contacts and manuvor my bike in a smooth manner to contact people.  My feet are super happy to have a break from the walking!  

The members in the rama (branch) love the sister missionaries which has been awesome to do more lessons with miembros to participate with us.  The presidente of the rama is a gringito who married a chilena and is a great support for this rama.  This last week I had a crash course in Chilenismos.  I am use to talking with people from Peru, colombia, and people of the city.  The people here in Valle Grande talk 100% chileno...love it.....no me caché (didn´t understand everything) they said but hopefully I will develope a better accent;)

1 Nephi 14:14 describes what are familiy is experiencing right now....we are all in whatever corner of the world but the evangelio de Jesucristo is the glue that is keeping us together.  

We have a women named N who is going to be baptized in 2 weeks!! She is so prepared.  She has been receiving the lessons from the missionaries I believe for more than a year and now is her time!  This week we saw a miracle because her spouse did not want anything with the church of the missionaries but this last week he participated in an acitivity with the Elders and is talking with us.  The spirit is softening his heart poco a poco.  

Awesome experience.  My first day in Valle Grande we were waiting for someone to arrive to their house so we decided to knock doors.  The first door that I contacted a woman answered and she was super friendly.  She told me that she is a member but has been inactive for 2 years.  She told us to return the next day to visit with her.  The next day we went and she told us exactly what happened.  That that day she had been talking with a relative (who is a member) and she was telling her that she felt like she had everything in her life (job, car, spouse) but she felt like she lacked something more purpose in her life.  Shortely after is when we knocked on her door...and she knew that it was an answer from her Heavenly Father.  She said that she knows it is her time to return.  LOVE experiences like this.

We are working with a lot of part member families also.  Keep the family G in your prayers also.  The mom is a member but her husband and 2 daughters are receiving the lessons.  They assisted church this last domingo and now they have the goal to be baptized the 1 of march!  


Thanks for all your love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment