Monday, February 16, 2015

Thirty-five

This week fue maravillosa.  

As a hermana líder now I get to participate in the leadership councils now and I had my first one this last week.  It was a awesome opportunity to see people who are working so hard to not only support their sectores but also the mission in general.  We had the opportunity to have a capacitación about the gathering of Israel.  My testimony of the recogimiento of Israel has grown a ton.  Before I did not give much attention to this subject but it is a corner stone to everything...  STUDY IT.  We are living in the time of this gathering of Israel.  We are here to help our brothers and sisters remember who they are, why they are here, and what is the way to receive the blessing that our Heavenly Father is ready to give us.  I am SOO grateful for Pres. Videla.  I know without a doubt that I needed him as my mission president.  His enfoque is for us to develope the atributes of Christ to help us govern for ourselves.

Right now we also have a focus in service.  As missionaries we can share the gospel of Jesus Christ not only in lessons but in a lot of ways.  This week we did things such as teaching english, blowing up balloons for a fiesta, etc.  I have been thinking about the way that Christ served His mission.  He did not avoid opportunities to stop...and to help people in the things that THEY needed.  

Love my comp.  She has been soooo patient with me as I am learning the sector.  LOVE Valle Grande mucho mucho mucho.  We are going to have the opportunity to see a baptism this next week with N.  She is super ready and excited to enter this puerta and progress in the gospel of Jesucristo.  Please keep her in your prayers.  

This week there was a womens conference for the women in Argentina and Chile.  Hna Marriott and Hna Burton gave talks.  My comp and I had the opportunity to listen to the broadcast.  Something that called my attention was the talk given by Hna Marriott.  She talked about ways to improve our prayers.  That we should imagine  Heavenly Father in our presence, ask permission to talk with him, share our testimony with him, and to talk with him as we would our earthly father.  I know that He listens to our prayers.

9 months in the mission....no I am not trunkie!  I can not even put in words what the mission has done for me.  I know that I am where my Heavenly Father wants me to be right now in my life.  I know that I am His daughter.  I know that the Holy Ghost talks to our hearts and minds to guide us.  I know that the gospel of Jesus  Christ is the only way to find true peace and purpose in this life.  

I love my brothers and sisters here in Chile.

I love you guys mucho mucho.


Hna Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment