Saturday, November 15, 2014

Twenty-six



There is a reason why I am writing today and not yesterday......ready....

Elder Russell M Nelson of the 12 apóstoles came to Chile.  My mission (Santiago North) and another mission, Santiago East had the awesome opportunity to join together for a conference with him.  I will never forget this conference.  A couple points that really struck me was from the talk that Sister Nelson gave.  She talked about pondering and reflecting about our ¨premortal selves.¨ That she wishes everyone could have a DVD player that would allow them to watch 10 minutes of their premortal life when we lived with our Heavenly Father, when we accepted to follow His plan, the moment we left before we were born.  That we were born with a ¨list¨of things that we were to do in this life.  She said that she knows one thing on this list for each of us as missionaries was that we was to serve a mission here in Chile.  When she said this I felt a confirmation of this truth.  That part of Heavenly Father´s plan for me was to serve 18 months here in the beautiful country of Chile.  She also talked about our relationships with others in the premortal life.  How there are times in our life when we meet someone and it feels like we have known each other before or for a long time.  Premortal Friends. How true is this.  

Elder Nelson gave a blessing as an apostle for us.  In the blessing he included a great part for the families of the missionaries.  I want you to know that many people, including leaders of the church are praying for you.  He talked about certain things we should concentrate in our studies.  In the spanish scriptures there is a extra guide to the scriptures which is fantastic which we studied with him in the conference.  He said that with investigadores, we as missionaries need to be able to see them dressed in white in the temple.  The temple is the goal.

Funny story of the week.  My companion had a appointment so I was seated outside the office waiting for her.  I was studying my spanish/english dictionary..when this mother and son entered and sat down close to where I was sitting.  I also had my Book of Mormon in my lap during this time.  This mother and son were conversing and I am guessing they thought I did not speak spanish ...so I would not understand their conversation.  They started talking about the Book of Mormon..how many times they have read it, their thoughts etc.  I decided I would make a medical call to check up on one of the Hermanas in the mission.  The moment I started talking in spanish in this phone call, their faces were priceless jaja.  After the call I talked with them.  They are members ( menos activos I believe) but it was one of the funniest experiences I have had in the mission.


Mucho amor y cariño

Hna Duffy

No comments:

Post a Comment